🌱 Donate Purses For Mothers + Lifeguard Shortage Present Uncertainty
Hello again Phoenix! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Phoenix Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Phoenix Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Phoenix long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 86 Low: 59.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three three stories today in Phoenix:
- As Mother’s Day approaches, Nourish Phoenix, a local nonprofit are collecting purses and goodies to pamper moms. Volunteers will be given a purse to fill with ways to pamper the women who deserve it. The organization will accept donations for Mother’s Week through April 29, but the support is needed year round. (FOX 10 NewsPhoenix)
- Phoenix Police arrested a man who allegedly ran over a man aged 62 near 12th Street and Northern Avenue in Phoenix late Friday night. After arriving at the scene, police learned that the victim had been recently involved in an argument with the suspect. The victim died at the scene and the suspect has been booked into jail on one count of First-Degree Murder. (Arizona’s Family)
- The city of Phoenix is questioning how many public pools will be open this summer and the answer is dependent on the staffing levels between now and Memorial Day. Phoenix pools will be opening to the public in just a few weeks yet hundreds of lifeguard jobs remain unfilled. In areas where pools are not open, the city plans to provide vans to the pools. Applications will continue to be accepted throughout the summer. (Arizona’s Family)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the CNET system called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Phoenix:
- Big Band Grandstand At Foothills Branch Library (2:00 PM)
- Family Literacy Night At Foothills Branch Library (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Do you enjoy cold calling? Become a Cool Callers volunteer who will check in on people to make sure they’re not overheated at home. (Facebook)
- City Librarian Rita Hamilton wraps up National Library Week by thanking the wonderful library community for the ongoing support and patronage. The Phoenix Public Library looks forward to providing stellar customer service (Facebook)
- As we approach the end of the tax season, gand your taxes done for free! Drop them off or do them yourself from home with the Phoenix VITA program (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Phoenix Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business featured in front of readers
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Nicole Tess Kazora
About me: Nicole is a freelance writer who graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. At her core, she loves painting acrylic portraits, listening to political and social commentary, and examining research in the social sciences.