🌱 Horse Therapy Program Faces Closure + Woman Steals Ambulance
Morning, neighbors! It’s me, Miranda Fraraccio, your host of the Daily. Follow along for the most important things going on these days in town.
But first, today’s weather:
An afternoon shower or two. High: 60 Low: 47.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Phoenix:
- In nearby Scottsdale, a popular horse therapy program will come to a close due to a lack of funding. The program was originally created to help first responders struggling with PTSD. It ran at Hunkapi, a 10-acre farm that uses equine therapy for PTSD, addictions, ADD, autism, and others. For those interested in donating to save the program, visit the Hunkapi website. (FOX 10 NewsPhoenix)
- A woman is jailed after allegedly stealing an ambulance from a west Phoenix hospital on Sunday morning. Officers received a call around 1 am that an ambulance had been stolen from Banner Estrella Medical Center. Then, 28-year-old Alejandra DeJesus Rocha was found driving it around town. Police have not released her motive for the theft. (12news.com KPNX)
- On Saturday night, Crosswalk Church hosted a 5K run in honor of the late Camelback High School track and field coach David Denogean. The money raised benefitted Phoenix Rescue Mission, an organization Denogean was passionate about. The day after Thanksgiving, a man shot Denogean while out walking his dog. The murderer is still at large and police ask anyone with information to call in. (ABC15 Arizona in Phoenix)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Phoenix Patch newsletter is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to light up their best network ever, covering 99% of people in America with LTE, which helps to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Phoenix Patch newsletter possible.
Today in Phoenix:
- Vinyasa Yoga At Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (9:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- Don’t miss out on your chance to win the jackpot! There are just three days left to cash in on Arizona Humane Society’s 50/50 Raffle. You could win 50% of the total jackpot, and help the Phoenix community’s most vulnerable pets with the other half! (Arizona Humane Society via Facebook)
- The First Five Years area at Burton Barr Central Library is glowing with exciting new interactive displays for children. Bring the little ones to explore hands on literacy learning and a rainbow of board book selections for even the youngest readers to enjoy. come and see (Phoenix Public Library via Facebook)
- The City of Phoenix Water Services Department is hiring for a Water Meter Reader! This position reads and records water meter readings along an assigned route that initiate billings for our customers. If you can work independently while out on an assigned route and are a team player, this role is for you! Apply here by February 8. (City of Phoenix Water Services Department via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, you can find her traveling, drinking tea, or practicing film photography.
Comments are closed.