🌱 Phoenix PD Use-Of-Force Policy + FD Clerk Receives Van For Commute
Good morning friends! It’s me, Miranda Fraraccio, your host of the Phoenix Daily — back in your inbox with all the most important things happening locally.
But first, today’s weather:
Sun and clouds. High: 65 Low: 43.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Phoenix who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top three stories in Phoenix today:
- A public comment period will be opened soon for residents to comment on the Phoenix Police Department’s Use of Force Policy. The period for public comments will open Jan 17 and will close Jan 31. Officials say “all comments will be reviewed and taken into consideration before the policy is finalized,” and a link will be provided soon for those comments to be submitted. (Subscription: Daily Independent)
- Phoenix Fire Department clerk Abel Parra was gifted a new van to make his commute to work easier. Fundraising efforts from the department made Parra’s old commute of going to the bus stop, taking the bus, then the light rail close to his job — all in a wheelchair — much easier when he was gifted a 2016 Chevy Express 2500 Explorer Limited. Parra, who has been with the department’s Fire Prevention Section for 21 years, said, “I’m going to take care of it and pay it forward on my level when I can and how I can.” (12news.com KPNX)
- A more than $10 million dollar facility has opened in Phoenix. The global manufacturing company Schott AG has set up shop with the Schott Minifab unit at 4217 E. Cotton Center Blvd. The location will be the home base for the US diagnostics division responsible for manufacturing rapid diagnostic devices for its customers. (ABC15 Arizona at Phoenix)
Today in Phoenix:
- Sock skating At Children’s Museum Of Phoenix (9:00 AM)
- Family Lawn Games At Arizona Biltmore (3:00 PM)
- Wedding Open House At The Farm At South Mountain (4:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Five new homes have been listed for sale in the Phoenix area. Available properties range from a 1,248 square-foot, three-bed, two-bath home for $189,000 to a $2.2 million home with four beds, five baths, and 5,196 square feet. Get all the property details at the link. (phoenix patch)
- Phoenix City Offices will be closed in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, Jan. 16. See the full list of closures at the link. (signal AZ)
- Do you have a sweet tooth? Check out the best local bakeries in the Phoenix area to satisfy all of your cravings at the link. (Phoenix New Times)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow with another update.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners. She is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned degrees in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, you can find her traveling, drinking tea, or practicing film photography.