🌱 Self-Driving Service Launches + Man Shot By Brother
Welcome back Phoenix. I’m here in your inbox today to get you up to speed on everything you need to know about what’s going on in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and cool. High: 67 Low: 46.
Here are the top three stories today in Phoenix:
- A new driving service is now available for residents in the central Phoenix area. Waymo is a fully automated ride-hailing service tested since 2021 for trusted riders. The automatic self-driving cars were tested for millions of miles on the road and in simulation. (FOX 10 NewsPhoenix)
- According to Phoenix police, a man was arrested for killing his younger brother. The 35-year-old was handling his gun when it went off, striking his 33-year-old brother. The suspect was sent to jail and awaiting charges. (12news.com KPNX)
- Urgent Home Care Inc., An Arizona-based care provider denied employees overtime rates and paid regular wages during overtime hours. The US Department of Labor is ordering the company to pay 253 employees $523,000 in back wages and damages. A similar investigation started in 2016 when the company violated overtime requirements. (KTAR.com)
Patch deals of the day:
The Patch Deals team scours the web for deals we think you’ll love. These limited-time offers are worth a look — especially if you’re doing some early holiday shopping.
(Patch may earn a commission on purchases. All deals are as of publication and could change.)
- Five new homes have been listed for sale in the Phoenix area. Available properties range from a 1,413 sq. ft., two-bed, two-bath home for $285,000 to a $7.25 million home with six beds, seven baths, and 10,338 sq. ft. Get all the details at the link. (phoenix patch)
- Happy 9th Birthday Zadie! The Phoenix Police Department celebrated Zadie over the weekend, who served in the Commercial Narcotic Interdiction Unit. (Phoenix Police Department via Facebook)
- the Phoenix Art Museum now offers free admission to all Maricopa County Community College District students with an active student ID. (citysuntimes)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a born and raised Rhode Islander, now living in New York. She works as a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of The University of Rhode Island, where she earned a degree in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, you can find her traveling, drinking tea, or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.