🌱 Signs To Pay Tribute To Hughes + Popular Breakfast Location Closes
Hi all. It’s me, Miranda Fraraccio, your host of the Daily. Let’s get this Friday started off right, with a quick review of the most important things happening in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Sun and areas of high clouds. High: 71 Low: 48.
Here are the top three stories in Phoenix today:
- The Phoenix City Council voted unanimously to install signs to pay tribute to Hans Hughes, a resident who was killed by a suspected drunk driver on Aug. 20. The incident occurred near 1st and Fillmore Streets. Hughes is remembered for being upbeat and a downtown ambassador. The signs will be installed at the crash location. (12news.com KPNX)
- Phoenix’s Daily Dose Kitchen and Bar will be closing its midtown location next week. The closure announcement was made by owners Matt and JenLyn Long on Instagram. The location’s expiring lease is the reason for the closure. The restaurant’s locations in Scottsdale and Tempe will remain open. (The Arizona Republic)
- A Phoenix homeowner reports that more than a ton of mulch was dumped in her home’s driveway. Pat Harrison, 88 years old, refused to pay “Trees For Needs” for services rendered, and the pile of mulch is reportedly retaliation. The company’s attorney has demanded that Harrison pay the outstanding $300 balance. It is unclear what will happen to the mulch. (Arizona’s Family)
Today in Phoenix:
- Fine Art Fridays At Desert Ridge Marketplace (5:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Is the current housing market making you feel a little overwhelmed? Consider this list of the latest properties in the Phoenix area to hit the market. Click to view the full list of properties that includes prices, photos, and property dimensions. (phoenix patch)
- The Phoenix Police Department has shared Footage of a recent officer involved shooting. Click for the full report. (Phoenix Police Department via Facebook)
- The City of Phoenix’s Annual Electric Light Parade will be on Saturday, Dec. 3, at 7:00 pm (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a born and raised Rhode Islander, now living in New York. She works as a staff writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of The University of Rhode Island, where she earned a degree in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies. In her free time, you can find her traveling, drinking tea, or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.