Big day this Friday in Yuma! – Sterling Journal attorney
The Community for Unity event is in downtown Yuma in a few days. Events are planned throughout the day.
Main Street will be closed from First Avenue to Fourth Avenue from 7:00 a.m. on Friday so the day is safe for all businesses, sellers, buyers and children to enjoy. First Avenue to Second Avenue will be closed until midnight. Second Avenue to Fourth Avenue opens at 7:00 p.m. There will be an all-day cake sale in various areas of Main Street and the interstate shops throughout the day.
Activities in the block from first to second include a free bouncy castle and cheerleader cake in the face booth from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Eight of the YHS cheerleaders have the right to participate with the UCA All American team in the Thanksgiving Day Parade at Disney World in Orlando Florida.
The event crew sets up tables and chairs early in the morning so that the shoppers need a break while shopping. The beer garden is set up around noon, but does not open until 4 p.m.
Three local bands will set up their equipment from around 2:30 p.m. at the northern end of the beer garden so that they will be ready for you to play from 4:00 p.m. The line-up consists of Rodney Mead, MT Pockets and Next Tuezday. The beer garden, sponsored by the Tumbleweed Brewing & Wine Company, opens when Rodney starts playing and stays open until the street dance ends at midnight where we can enjoy the music from The Circuit Breakers! No nominal fee.
At the entrance to the beer garden on the corner of Main and Second, there is a steak dinner from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., which is a fundraising campaign for Community Blessings For Hope, a non-profit organization founded by LaRetta Mallory and a committee and a ray of sunshine by they create a fun, free day for patients and their caregivers to give them a break from their difficult health journey. Dinner tickets are $ 30 for adults and $ 15 for children 12 and under. The proceeds from the cake sale also support this organization.
There is a possibility that a small dessert auction will take place at 7.30pm, but this is yet to be determined. At 7:50 p.m., two door prizes will be raffled – one for an adult and one for a child. Your ticket from the steak dinner will automatically be entered into you and you must be there to win! Another drawing also takes place and is described below.
Activities in the blocks from Second to Fourth Avenues are as follows: 2 inflatables will be open to the kids for free from 1pm to 6.30pm. The cheerleaders will move their booth to this area for the afternoon. At 1:45 p.m., a dance group from Dance Fuzion begins to get ready at 2:00 p.m. near the traffic lights on the Main and Second. At the end of the dance all children
you can enjoy a pinata party in the Kiddie Korral area at the Yuma Theater.
The Yuma Drama Club will be in the Car Care parking lot next to the theater where they will put makeup on any kids who want to do it during the pinata party. At 3 p.m. the film “Ferdinand” is shown for 1 dollar. Concessions are available for purchase. In the Third and Main Kool Shavings area, Hawaiian Shaved Ice will be available in three different sizes from $ 2.00 to $ 5.00. If the
The movie is over. The kids are being taken to the block between First and Second Avenues to make some artwork on the tables for the steak dinner! The Yuma Art Walk takes place from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in participating companies.
Shopping in Yuma on Friday is going to be amazing! Bring your receipts from EVERY YUMA BUSINESS you make a purchase from on Friday by 6:00 p.m. to Empowering Oasis at 107 W. Second Avenue for a raffle for 3 hour-long massages! Please write your name and phone number on the back of your receipts. The drawing will take place at 7:50 p.m. when the door prizes are drawn.
Companies we know to have sales or special offers include:
1. Sunglasses are sold at the Yuma Vision Center
2. Delish By Pebbles: regular breakfast from 7 am to 2 pm lunch special is BBQ pulled pork sandwich, homemade baked beans, french fries, water $ 9.95
3. Simply Frames & So: 10% discount on finished frames
4. Lu.ella: sale of shorts, shoes and a shelf. Discounts of 20% or more
5. Broken Vase: 65% discount on children’s clothing, 35% discount on garden decoration, 20% discount on the whole store without flowers. Grab and Go will be available
6. Wildlee: shop-wide indoor sales
7. Flowers Express: 50% discount on goods without flowers and plants
8. The Home Place: 90% discount on decoration tables, 20% discount on housewares, 10% discount on groceries, vitamins and wellness items
9. Wed Ranchito Grocery Store: Serves Agua Fresca drinks, churros, donuts. Sales table for jewelry, piggy banks and more. 15% discount on pinatas
10. Neveria Rascon Ice Cream Shop: Serves hot dogs, fruit cocktails, and amniotic fluid
11. Log Cabin Liquor: 24-pack cans of Coors Light or Bud Light $ 18.89
12. Country Stitches will have a booth on Main Street
13. Rudy’s Tires: $ 5 off an oil change and free tire rotation
14. Ace Quality Farm & Ranch: In-store sales
15. Sway: 50% discount on leggings, 10% discount on headbands
16. Farmer’s market: 10% discount on monthly special drinks
17. Mexsu: free pancakes with every breakfast order, free Aqua Fresca with a lunch order of 3 tacos
Other Yuma stores may have sales, so please visit!
There will also be other vendors on Main Street with a variety of goods to choose from. Don’t forget to bring your receipts to Empowering Oasis by 6:00 p.m.!
This would not be possible without the help of great sponsors, volunteer bakers, participating companies and vendors, and a great volunteer event crew! Thank you all! We look forward to a great day full of unity, conviviality and fun! Join us for a wonderful event!