Happy Fri-YAY! 📚 Seussical The Musical + 🚒 Firefighter Shortage
Happy Friday everyone! Merichelle Norwood here to fill your inbox today with the top stories in the Valley of the Sun.
Welcome back Phoenix. I’m here in your inbox this morning to get you caught up on everything you need to know about what’s going on in town.Keep reading for the latest.
Summer weather: High: 103 Low: 83.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Phoenix who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Phoenix Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top stories in Phoenix today:
1) Interstate-10 damaged by flooding, impacting popular route from Los Angeles to Phoenix.
Southern Californians heading eastbound towards Phoenix must use Interstates 8 or 40, which means a major detour.
(Fox 10 Phoenix)
2) If you’re buying a car and are in Glendale, you may be in luck.
Carvana opens its second signature car vending machine in Glendale.
3) There’s a national firefighter shortage, and Phoenix Fire Department fighting to fill open positions.
If you’re looking for a new job or career, think about applying to the Phoenix Fire Department.
4) Valley Youth Theater’s “Seussical” is a musical extravaganza.
“These kids are so special,” said Bobb Cooper, director of the show. “They are extremely gifted performers, but they’re also working together with such kindness and consideration. This is making for an even better production that’s blowing audiences away.” The show runs tonight through Sunday.
(West Valley View)
5) Cannabis giant, Curaleaf, gives back to the community with Feed the Block program.
Through the program, from August 15 to September 15, Curaleaf with dole out donations and volunteers to help support charitable organizations
(Phoenix New Times)
Mark your calendar:
- Sonoran Sippin’ – Desert Botanical Garden (Details)
- Hell City Tattoo Festival, August 26th-28th (Details)
- Seussical, August 26th-28th (Details)
- Jessie James Decker, August 27th (Details)
- The Killers, August 28th (Details)
- Chris Rock, August 28th (Details)
From my notebook:
- “Happy birthday Benny! 🎉 Today, Phoenix’s oldest living retired firefighter turns 105! Benny Ashley joined Phoenix Fire in 1942. During his fire service career, he served two tours with the Navy in World War II and Korea.” (Phoenix Fire Department via Facebook)
Photo by Arizona Humane Society
- “🐰HOP into the weekend with a new rabbit or critter friend!🐹 Each of these cuties can be adopted for just $5 now through Friday, August 26. Plus, you can take advantage of our fast and easy curbside adoption appointments.” (Arizona Humane Society via Facebook)
- “NEW CAREER CALLING ☎️ PHX Fire is committed to providing the highest level of public safety services and customer service to our community. That service begins inside the Phoenix Fire Regional Dispatch Center. Apply today.” (Phoenix Fire Department via Facebook)
Photo by City of Phoenix
- “February can’t come soon ENOUGH! 🏈✈ Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport just unveiled the AZ Super Bowl Countdown Clock in Terminal 4. Check out this exciting new addition at the west end of Level 1.” (City of Phoenix, AZ USA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Friday off right. I’ll see you soon!
— Merichelle Norwood
About me: Merichelle has chronicled her many Arizona adventures since 2016. She is the founder of the local blog She Moves PHX. You’re most likely to find her munching on tacos on a Tuesday, sipping brews at a local cafe, or eating unicorn cakes.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? Contact me at [email protected]