Lane restrictions and ramp closures on Interstate 8 in Yuma
Beginning July 26 and ending July 29, drivers should expect delays due to restrictions and construction on the I-8 in Yuma
YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) – The Arizona Department of Transportation alerts drivers to be aware of lane restrictions on Interstate 8 near Yuma starting at 7 pm on Tuesday, July 26.
There will be maintenance crews applying oil-based sealant to make the pavement last for a long time.
Delays are likely to occur and drivers are advised to allow extra travel time, to obey posted signs, speed limits and traffic control devices for safety, including to use caution around construction personnel.
Beginning 7 pm to 6 am on Tuesday, July 26 and ending on Friday, July 29 will be the following restrictions:
- The I-8 between the AZ/CA state line (milepost 0.5) and Foothills Boulevard (milepost 14) will only use one lane in both directions.
- Motorists should expect a 3-mile lane closure as workers work throughout the zone.
- There will be a 14-foot width restriction in place.
- Speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph.
- I-8 on-and-off ramps and overpass may experience closure for up to two hours and motorists are encouraged to use the nearest exit available.