Phoenix area freeway closures, restrictions during the weekend
This weekend the Arizona Department of Transportation has scheduled some freeway closures or restrictions for improvement projects in the metro Phoenix.
Drivers are advised to plan ahead for alternate routes and extra travel times.
Traffic conditions can always be checked at az511.gov and by calling 511.
Westbound Loop 303 in Northwest Phoenix
- Westbound Loop 303 will be closed between I-17 and Lake Pleasant Parkway for construction.
- Interstate 17 off-ramps at Loop 303 will be restricted with access limited to Sonoran Desert Drive, east of I-17.
- I-17 on ramps at Loop 303 will be open.
When: Closures start 8 pm Friday to 5 am on Monday.
Suggested detours: Westbound State Route 74 to southbound Lake Pleasant Parkway to enter Loop 303.
Watson Road in Buckeye
- Watson Road will be closed in both directions under Interstate 10 for bridge work.
- I-10 on-ramps and off-ramps at Watson Road will remain open but traffic won’t be able to travel under the freeway.
When: Restrictions start 9 pm on Friday to 5 am on Monday.
Suggested detours: ADOT’s suggested detours include the Via Verrado Way and Miller Road interchanges.
Interstate 10 at Buckeye
- I-10 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between Verrado Way and Miller Road as part of the widening project.
When: The restriction begins 9 pm on Friday to 5 am on Saturday.
Suggestion: ADOT advises drivers to plan for extra travel time, use caution and prepare to slow down in work zone.
Reach breaking news reporter Angela Cordoba Perez at [email protected] or on Twitter @AngelaCordobaP.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.