Phoenix Completes Competition at adidas XC Challenge
CARY, NC- The Elon University cross country programs completed competition at the adidas XC Challenge on Friday evening, Sept. 16, at the WakeMed Park.
In the men’s 6K run, the Phoenix finished third overall in the 13-team field, scoring 85 points. Host NC State took team medalist honors with 20 points while Charleston Southern closed out the top three with 48 points as the runner-up.
The maroon and gold women placed fourth overall out of 13 teams in its 5K run at the meet. The Phoenix, who had other select members of the team compete earlier in the day at the Coaching Tree Invitational at Indiana, had 119 points. NC State won the team title with 17 points while Charleston Southern (86) and Davidson (93) also finished above the Phoenix.
• Andrew Miller led the Phoenix in the 6K run as the Fleming Island, Fla., native clocked a time of 18:21.2 and was 13th overall.
• Zane Jackson followed Miller with his 16th place standing and his time of 18:25.8 in the top 20.
• Daniel King and Nate Mars were 31st and 32nd, respectively. King came across the line with a time of 18:54.0 while Mars was a second behind him at 18:55.0
• Colby Robbins was the fifth Phoenix runner to come across the line as the rookie was 33rd with his time of 18:56.4.
• Senior Hannah Miller paced the Phoenix women with her time of 17:46.5 and was 15th overall.
• Freshman Julia Bell was the second runner for Elon to cross the line in 26th with her time of 19:03.4.
• Fellow rookie Sydney Swan posted a time of 19:31.6 and was 35th overall. Two other runners joined her in the top 40 in Alice Roberts (37th, 19:40.4) and Sarah Petitjean (38th, 19:44.4) to close out the top-five runners for Elon.
• Elon closes out the month with a trip to Lehigh University for the Paul Short Run on Sept. 30.
Men’s Results – Elon 3rd place (85 points)
16. Zane Jackson – 18:25.8
32. Nate Mars – 18:55.0
33. Colby Robbins – 18:56.4
47. Cameron Dunn – 19:22.6
55. Caden Strickland—19:35.4
60. Braden Anthes—19:50.2
68. Tamer Metwalli – 20:23.5
88th Garrison Gilbert – 21:57.5
110. Ramy Ghandour – 25:20.5
Women’s Results – Elon 4th place (119 points)
15. Hannah Miller—17:46.5
26. Julia Bell—19:03.4
35. Sydney Swan – 19:31.6
37. Alice Roberts—19:40.4
38. Sarah Petitjean—19:44.4
51. Braetan Peters – 20:50.7
59. Katelyn Garofalo – 21:10.6
65. Bailey Reutinger – 21:38.6
— ELON —