Search For Man discovers the skull of another + less camelback drama
Good morning phoenix! It’s Tuesday so let’s start with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Phoenix? Our top notch local sponsorship will stop at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 100 Low: 78.
Here are the top stories in Phoenix today:
- The city’s decision close some of its hiking trails That summer’s excessive heat warning days was controversial, but the Phoenix Fire Department says it was done for less dramatic rescues At Camelback Mountain and Piestewa summit. (KJZZ)
- Crews are searching in a remote part of the West Valley missing Phoenix man Daniel Robinson found a human skull. But the skull does not belong to Robinson. The skull was found on July 31, but authorities recently confirmed it wasn’t Robinson. Robinson has disappeared June 23 (KTAR.com)
- If you are looking for Seasonal work to pay bills or buy special Christmas gifts there are many possibilities in the greater Phoenix area. Amazon, FedEx and Target hire all seasonal jobs, in addition to many more employers In the valley. (Phoenix patch)
- John Legend is on tour again, and this Saturday it will be at the Arizona Federal Theater in downtown Phoenix. The trip, his first since 2018He supports his album “Bigger Love”, which was released last year. Fittingly, he described the tour so far as “a love festival.” (Phoenix New Times)
- Phoenix ranks No. 3 in the nation for the percentage of houses that were flipped in the second quarter of 2021. The number of houses that were flipped over increased across the country during this time, however, profit margins fell to a 10-year low. (AZ Large Media)
Today’s Phoenix Daily is brought to you from our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring can do a lot more than just doorbells: Check out the full range of smart home products on Ring.com. and Thank you ring for helping get the local news in Phoenix!
Today in Phoenix:
- Vincit Dev Talks: Tech Development and Business Strategy Talk (5:30 p.m.)
Phoenix Patch Notebook
- Arizona Humane Society: “🐢 Turtle Power! Or … Tortoise Power! 🐢 Not to be confused with their namesakes, Leonardo and Donatello don’t fight crime like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but they help raise children!” (Facebook)
- City of Phoenix: “Did you know: 643.00 Hispanics live in the city #PHX .. that’s 38% of the city’s population! #HispanicHeritageMonth #PHX” (Facebook)
- Phoenix Public Library: “September is library badge enrollment month! Join us for a FREE Phoenix Public Library badge at any of our 17 Valley locations. Use your library badge to enjoy books, audiobooks, online courses, magazines, music and movies. Watch Connect others to e-resources and databases they never knew we had. Discover the power of a Phoenix Public Library badge! ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Thank you for participating and informing! I’ll get in touch with you tomorrow morning with a new update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Caitlin Sievers
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? I am listening. You can reach me at [email protected]