YPD have been enforcing DUI stops over Christmas | Yuma
YUMA – The City of Yuma Police Department is conducting an impaired driving detail on Thursday, December 22nd; Friday, December 23rd; and Saturday, December 24th, 2022. Additional officers will be roving city streets looking to stop and arrest drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs. These DUI patrols are, in addition to regularly scheduled patrol officers, all looking for signs of any impaired drivers behind the wheel.
With help from the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, the focus will be impaired driving and the apprehension of impaired drivers. The City of Yuma Police Department will also actively enforce traffic laws and get impaired drivers off the road, raise public awareness about the dangers of impaired driving and most importantly, to save more lives on our roadways.
Impaired driving is one of America’s most often committed and deadliest crimes.
We recommend the following easy steps for a safe Christmas.
- Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin
- Before drinking, please designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home
- If you’re impaired, use a taxi or Uber driver, call a sober friend or family member
- If you happen to see an impaired driver on the road, don’t hesitate to call 911
- And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely