Yuma, Arizona’s Kelvin Gastelum, takes 10th UFC win and beats Ian Heinisch at ‘UFC 258’ in Las Vegas – CONAN Daily
Kelvin Gastelum (© UFC)
Kelvin GastelumThe 29-year-old from Yuma, Arizona, USA, has achieved his 10th win in the USA Ultimate fighting championship. The Mexican-American mixed martial artist was one of the winners at “UFC 258. ”
With 10 MMA games, “UFC 258” took place on February 13, 2021 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In the eighth fight of the evening, Gastelum fought Ian “The Hurrican” Heinisch, 32, from Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA middleweight.
Mark Smith served as referee. After three five-minute rounds, the middleweight competition was in the hands of three judges, Bryan Miner, Ron McCarthy, and Derek Cleary.
Both Miner and Cleary scored 29-28 goals while McCarthy scored 30-27 points in favor of Gastelum. In the end, Smith raised the hand of the Yuma native, who was unanimously declared the winner.
It was Heinisch’s third defeat in the UFC. He now holds a professional MMA record of 14 wins and 4 losses.
“He had mentioned in his interviews that he was going to come in and try to wrestle me and I was kind of offended.” @ KelvinGastelum is returning to his wrestling roots to raise his hand for the first time since 2018 at # UFC258 … and he’s just getting started. ⤵️
– UFC News (@UFCNews) February 14, 2021
Gastelum suffered three defeats in a row from 2019 to 2020. The win at “UFC 258” improved his professional MMA record to 16 wins, 6 losses, 0 draws and 1 no contest.
Gastelum competed professionally since December 11, 2010 and made its UFC debut on August 28, 2013. Here is the full list of the first 10 opponents he defeated in the graduation:
- Brian Melancon on the submission of a bare choke to the “UFC Fight Night 27” on August 28, 2013
- Rick story via split decision at “UFC 171” on March 15, 2014
- Nicholas Musoke via unanimous decision at the “UFC Fight Night 44” on June 28, 2014
- Jake Ellenberger on the submission of a bare choke to “UFC 180” on November 15, 2014
- Nate Marquardt about technical knockout due to a corner stop at “UFC 188” on June 13, 2015
- Johny Hendricks by unanimous decision at “UFC 200” on July 9, 2016
- Tim Kennedy via technical knockout over punches at “UFC 206” on December 10, 2016
- Michael Bisping via knockout via punch at “UFC Fight Night 122” on November 25, 2017
- Ronald Souza on a separate decision at “UFC 224” on May 12, 2018
- Ian Heinisch by unanimous decision at “UFC 258” on February 13, 2021